Rail Expansion Joints developed by Rahee is a patented product and widely popular in India as Improved Switch Expansion Joint. After years of trials on Indian track the product has successfully been approved by the Indian Railways for mass usage on its network.
Imp SEJ comprises a pair of non-bent Rails (Stock Rail and Tongue Rail) mounted on C.I Chairs with a gap (expansion gap) between the two juxtaposed rail ends. A third rail (gap avoiding rail) is securely bolted to the Stock Rail by bolts with high tensile strength to form an extension of the Stock Rail. The system also has check rails to reduce wheel hunting, especially for worn out wheels. They are bolted to the C.I Chairs fixed symmetrically opposite to the expansion gap. The check rails also act as angle ties to keep the sleepers in position. All wheel transfer areas are head hardened to increase service life.
Salient features of Imp SEJ:
- Excellent riding comfort
- Low life-cycle cost
- No undue stress on the rails
- Capable of being laid on curved tracks
- Head hardened wheel transfer zone leading to longer service life
- Smooth wheel transfer, increasing the life of rolling stock
- Capable of handling gaps up to 200 mm and more, with minor modifications
- Safe due to presence of check rails which guard against excessive play of worn out wheels
- Continuous support for wheel-set on rail; no jump or change in level of wheel-set while negotiating gaps